Saturday, July 10, 2010

It’s a shame

After everything that I’ve done
After all the mercy I never showed
After all the feelings I’ve hurt
After all the things I’ve let go unchecked

That I am the one asking for help

I don’t want your pity, but if you will, give me your eyes
Look at me for just a moment, and see me for what I really am
A liar, a cheater, a sadist, a fake, an accomplice to the systematic murder of all that I claim to stand for
Yes, I say I’m trying, that it’ll be different
But I’ve been saying that for so long
Why must I pretend just to get some sort of happiness, while everyone else seems perfectly content?
Why must I suffer for doing what half the world’s population has done better than I?
I want to know if there is some secret network going around
Telling everyone its going to be better, or to make me miserable
I wonder if the governments of the world have a special hit out on me
I wonder if God himself has decided to intervene in his grand design just to teach me a lesson

I wonder if anyone will ever see what I see
The true side of me
I wonder if these games will ever end
And I can finally sleep in peace
I wonder if there is someone out there reading this
Deciding that it is time for me to stop wondering